The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (klhansen, Otto Skorzeny, TUTS 59, dt235sd, 1 invisible), 146 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,480
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4
Hi, I'm a new guy wondering what the procedure is to replacing inner and outer cab corners on my 59 gmc short box?I have the new parts. Can it be done with cab on truck?

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 434
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 434
If the bed is off, you should be able to do that. This is not from experience, just the fact I have pulled my cab and bed off the frame and have ordered new cab corners to replace them. So I have simply seen what things look like when they are apart.

I pulled the cab more so to get at the frame than the cab corners, but in the end I think I will be glad I did as it will be easier to do the toe boards, brake master, and trans mount, etc.

http://www.brotherstrucks.com/techarticles.asp Brothers has a tech article on doing the corners, but they have the cab off the frame. But if you look at the pics you can see the frame mounts considerably inboard of the corners and with the bed off I think it is doable.


R-Bo

1959 Apache 1/2 ton Big Window, Short bed Fleetside (under reconstruction)
1966 GMC 305V6 in the family
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 119
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 119
You've probably heard this a million times (I know I did and still ignored it) keep the truck intact (doors, hood, fenders) as much as possible (and at ride height) when doing patch panels. Ignore it and you'll be doing the panels twice like I did. (DOH!)


[b]1957 Chevy Big Window 3100[.b]

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix in Picasa

It ain't broke 'til you can't fix it any more.
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513


1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod
You Tube
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4
Thanks for now and Happy New Year
Garth

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4
Thanks for now and Happy New Year
Garth

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4
G
New Guy
New Guy
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 4
Thanks for now and Happy New Year!
Garth


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0