The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Wally / Montana, Shade Baby), 112 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,385
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#484954 12/22/2008 1:12 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 36
O
Apprentice
Apprentice
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 36
Would anyone happen to know what size tires came from the factory on the "35 1-1/2 T. Stakebed? Since Coker Tire just announced a price increase as of the first of the year I thought I better my tires ordered. When I got this truck it had 6.00X20's on the front and 6.50X20's in the rear. I am looking at staying original on the entire truck but I want the truck to look and sit correct when completed. Not overly high in the rear (unless with duals that is correct). Since the original tires were all rotted out when I got it I never saw a good profile view of this truck. Talked to the gentleman at Jim Carter's he said that combination was an option at that time. Your thoughts if you would. Thanks, Tom


Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 115
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 115
I don't have Chevy literature for that year, but do have a Motor Wheel Corporation listing from 1942 that covers you. It shows for 1932 through 1935 the wheels were 10 lug x 7.25" bolt circle with a 4.25" center bore. Available sizes were: 20" x 5" rim with 7.5" of dual spacing that allowed a maximum of either a 6.50" balloon tire or a 6" high pressure tire with 8 ply rating; a 20" x 6" rim with 9" of dual spacing that allowed a maximum of either a 7.50" balloon tire or a 6" high pressure tire with 10 ply rating; a 20" x 7" rim that used a spacer to achieve 10" of dual spacing and allowed a maximum of either an 8.25" balloon tire or an 8" high pressure tire. It also shows a 20" x 7" single rim with 2 3/8" dish that allowed either a 9.00" balloon tire or a 7" high pressure tire. The 5" and 6" rims were Firestone's "RH" style lock ring design and both of the 7" rims had Firestone's "R" lock ring design. What the difference was between balloon and high pressure I can't say. That's maybe a question for Coker or Jim Carter's folks to tackle. This info is for a Chevy but if your truck is a GMT it all changes and gets more complicated. If that's what you've got I'll have to post the chart I guess. Stu

truckdog #485454 12/23/2008 6:02 AM
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 226
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 226
ok, I own two 35 chevy 1 1/2 ton trucks. My company sells tires for coker. you have a choice in tires. You can use 650 to 700 series for the front and as much as 750 for the rear.

what I sug. is that you look at the tire pattern that you like and what coker carries.

There is diff. ply amounts which the higher the ply the stiffer the ride but, the larger amount of weight that the tire carries.

I went with the 650 x 20 series as my truck is a Army CCC Truck

The 650. offers a lower height and smoother ride and lower price.

My truck will be lucky to ever see a load over a ton in the back.

I would say you will be happy with that size.

You can go to my company website at psaa-c.com. If you go to my projects page you will see my army truck and the new front tires are on..

If you would like to puchase a set. Give me a call. I can offer a discount to any members here. because the dealer prices differ on each tire. I would need to know what tire you really want.

My contact info is on the website.

Please post some pics of your truck and link them here. I would like to see it.

thanks


Poets Seat Auto
Appraisals, Parts, Service
Past: General Motor's Master Technician
Member: Northeast Chevy/GMC Truck Club
Phone Number: 413.774.5856
Collector of: 1951 Army Chevy Burb barn door,53 GMC COE,two 1934 Chevy Truck,1935 Chevy Army Truck.1950 Gmc Suburban clamshell these are just my chevy/gmc trucks.
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 36
O
Apprentice
Apprentice
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 36
Stu, Great info. thanks
Psac, I think I will go with the 6:50x20's all around. I think the look of the level ride would be the best. I'll be getting back with you on the tires early next week. thanks

Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 226
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 226
No prob. If you know the exact tire brand and of course the size which You already have I will get a price together on monday. I always recomend Tire protection on at least two tires.

I had that on all 4 on my 56 chevy when the WWW Radials came out. and I did have to get new ones as they check. It was a bad set. With the tire protection. They replaced them free.

It is a option and worth it.

I can take a pic of the tires on my 35 if you like. You can see what they look like on the truck. Just let me know.

Give me a call on monday.

Thanks, 413-774-5856


Poets Seat Auto
Appraisals, Parts, Service
Past: General Motor's Master Technician
Member: Northeast Chevy/GMC Truck Club
Phone Number: 413.774.5856
Collector of: 1951 Army Chevy Burb barn door,53 GMC COE,two 1934 Chevy Truck,1935 Chevy Army Truck.1950 Gmc Suburban clamshell these are just my chevy/gmc trucks.

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0