The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (CuzzFuzz), 101 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,136
Posts1,056,425
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 18
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 18
So I sent the truck project I started three years ago back to the shop to be finished. The owner says I may need to shell out some big bucks to get some brackets that will address my problem....I guess my old block (late 50's or early 60's) does not have certain holes for mounting up all the correct brackets. I'm told that a long water pump would solve everything but then It would hit my radiator so thats not an option. Any suggestions no how to line everything up on an old block? wink

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 50
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 50
You can get a high mount alternator bracket that mounts the alt. off of the water pump and intake for about $50. You can get a P/S bracket setup for about the same money.Check with your local hot rod shop and ask about plain steel, that's where you save the money. I bought mine at a Goodguys show for $39.95. Later

Dave


Even a blind squirrel gets a nut sometimes!
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 1,624
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 1,624
As most hot rod builders know...Allen Grove is the "go to guy" for a lot of brackets. If you don't see what you need call them, they can usually help.
www.allengrovecomponents.com

Beltfed
----------------------------------


Six volt guy living in a twelve volt world
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
I'm running a mid sixties 327. Alternator brackets I have mount it high on the right side - bolts to the water pump and intake manifold. Made by Bill's Hot Rod parts in LA. I think he also has brackets for AC if you are interested.


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 1,624
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 1,624
Sorry for that miss spell, Bill is correct.


Six volt guy living in a twelve volt world
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 18
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 18
That all really helps I think my mechanic said Bills was the place to go . I've got the alternator figured out as I purchased a big arm to hold the top of the alt and the piece it pivots on is bolted to the headers. The main issue is the PSteering unit lining up with everything. I'll give them a call and see what they can come up with. I just dont want to spend hundreds on a billet system....ich! I'll let you know how it works out. -Mike Gardner

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 18
M
Junior Member
Junior Member
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 18
That all really helps I think my mechanic said Bills was the place to go . I've got the alternator figured out as I purchased a big arm to hold the top of the alt and the piece it pivots on is bolted to the headers. The main issue is the PSteering unit lining up with everything. I'll give them a call and see what they can come up with. I just dont want to spend hundreds on a billet system....ich! I'll let you know how it works out. -Mike Gardner


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0