| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (WICruiser, Peggy M, 55shaker, Hotrod Lincoln, Steelonsteel, TS3600, GRNHydra),
124
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,141 Posts1,056,470 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#48332 07/29/2005 7:10 AM | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 18 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 18 | So I sent the truck project I started three years ago back to the shop to be finished. The owner says I may need to shell out some big bucks to get some brackets that will address my problem....I guess my old block (late 50's or early 60's) does not have certain holes for mounting up all the correct brackets. I'm told that a long water pump would solve everything but then It would hit my radiator so thats not an option. Any suggestions no how to line everything up on an old block?  | | |
#48333 07/29/2005 11:49 AM | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 50 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2005 Posts: 50 | You can get a high mount alternator bracket that mounts the alt. off of the water pump and intake for about $50. You can get a P/S bracket setup for about the same money.Check with your local hot rod shop and ask about plain steel, that's where you save the money. I bought mine at a Goodguys show for $39.95. Later
Dave
Even a blind squirrel gets a nut sometimes!
| | |
#48334 07/29/2005 3:22 PM | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 1,624 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2005 Posts: 1,624 | As most hot rod builders know...Allen Grove is the "go to guy" for a lot of brackets. If you don't see what you need call them, they can usually help. www.allengrovecomponents.com Beltfed ----------------------------------
Six volt guy living in a twelve volt world
| | |
#48335 07/29/2005 3:33 PM | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | | | |
#48336 07/30/2005 6:45 AM | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 | I'm running a mid sixties 327. Alternator brackets I have mount it high on the right side - bolts to the water pump and intake manifold. Made by Bill's Hot Rod parts in LA. I think he also has brackets for AC if you are interested. | | |
#48337 07/30/2005 11:59 AM | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 1,624 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2005 Posts: 1,624 | Sorry for that miss spell, Bill is correct.
Six volt guy living in a twelve volt world
| | |
#48338 07/30/2005 10:12 PM | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 18 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 18 | That all really helps I think my mechanic said Bills was the place to go . I've got the alternator figured out as I purchased a big arm to hold the top of the alt and the piece it pivots on is bolted to the headers. The main issue is the PSteering unit lining up with everything. I'll give them a call and see what they can come up with. I just dont want to spend hundreds on a billet system....ich! I'll let you know how it works out. -Mike Gardner | | |
#48339 07/31/2005 4:04 PM | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 18 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 18 | That all really helps I think my mechanic said Bills was the place to go . I've got the alternator figured out as I purchased a big arm to hold the top of the alt and the piece it pivots on is bolted to the headers. The main issue is the PSteering unit lining up with everything. I'll give them a call and see what they can come up with. I just dont want to spend hundreds on a billet system....ich! I'll let you know how it works out. -Mike Gardner | | |
| |
| |