| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (RdsLessTaken, TUTS 59, Jay R, Otto Skorzeny, 68ironhead, Phak1, 1 invisible),
99
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,136 Posts1,056,430 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#48288 07/27/2005 7:46 PM | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 227 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2005 Posts: 227 | Hi everyone..
I am in the process of updating my 65 c30 brakes to disc. I received a pair of spindles, new rotors and new calibers real cheap. I now know why. It's hard to find the brake hoses for it.
Someone suggested getting them custom made Teflon/Stainless Steel but at $35 a pieces plus shipping... I said ouch.
Does anyone know who has the OEMs in stock or should I get the custom ones so they don't need replacing as often as the OEM ones?
Thanks.. Russ
1960 Chevy Apache (C10) 1965 Chevy C30 Dump Truck 1966 Chevy C30 Tow Truck | | |
#48289 07/27/2005 7:56 PM | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 988 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 988 | cssreb1 Welcome to the Bolt! Well if I remember correctly from the days when I sold parts this was a time when GM decided to redesign there brakes on there 3/4 and one ton truck. There was a period of time when the brake hoses changed each year nothing was stardard for more then a year or two. $35 isn't bad price. If someone has the originals on there shelf they are going to get at least 30 each. Good luck
Brian Moore 1949 3100 5 window Deluxe "Today is better than yesterday, but not as good as tomorrow" | | |
#48290 07/27/2005 10:35 PM | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | Have you check with Carquest or Napa? The 71 up front hoses ought to be readily available. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | |
#48291 07/28/2005 7:41 PM | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 227 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2005 Posts: 227 | Thanks for the Welcome. I have been looking at the photo submissions for some time but did not think about the forum until I started to rebuild my bolt.
Thanks for the advise on the price. You are probably right $35 a piece isn't that bad.
I had tried Napa and CarQuest but they both don't have, nor carry anymore since they have been discontinued.
Thanks again everyone for your advise!!
1960 Chevy Apache (C10) 1965 Chevy C30 Dump Truck 1966 Chevy C30 Tow Truck | | |
#48292 07/28/2005 10:20 PM | Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 2,773 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 2,773 | A local hydraulic hose shop can make you some, but I don't know what they will cost.
Fred 52 3600 69 C-10
| | |
#48293 07/29/2005 10:19 PM | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | I have an old Napa catalog at the shop. The part #,s are 36678(R) 36679(L). You might call them. They are all connected on computer & some warehouse might have them. If not see if a helpful parts man will compare your old one to one for a1973. There may not be much difference. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | |
#48294 07/30/2005 6:10 PM | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 24 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 24 | That's easy. I bought my 71 dually front brake hoses from Kenny's Trucks in Oklahoma. He's a real stand up guy and ships quick. Cost was 40 per pair. www.kennystrucks.com is his website. Don't worry if his website doesn't list them specifically, Kenny is a guru, and will have them.
Tender caretaker of antique tractors and old trucks.
| | |
| |
| |