The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Lugnutz, F100Ranger, 55shaker, Otto Skorzeny, Steelonsteel), 88 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,140
Posts1,056,466
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#48288 07/27/2005 7:46 PM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 227
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 227
Hi everyone..

I am in the process of updating my 65 c30 brakes to disc. I received a pair of spindles, new rotors and new calibers real cheap. I now know why. It's hard to find the brake hoses for it.

Someone suggested getting them custom made Teflon/Stainless Steel but at $35 a pieces plus shipping... I said ouch.

Does anyone know who has the OEMs in stock or should I get the custom ones so they don't need replacing as often as the OEM ones?

Thanks.. Russ


1960 Chevy Apache (C10)
1965 Chevy C30 Dump Truck
1966 Chevy C30 Tow Truck
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 988
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 988
cssreb1 Welcome to the Bolt! Well if I remember correctly from the days when I sold parts this was a time when GM decided to redesign there brakes on there 3/4 and one ton truck. There was a period of time when the brake hoses changed each year nothing was stardard for more then a year or two. $35 isn't bad price. If someone has the originals on there shelf they are going to get at least 30 each. Good luck


Brian Moore
1949 3100 5 window Deluxe
"Today is better than yesterday, but not as good as tomorrow"
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
Have you check with Carquest or Napa? The 71 up front hoses ought to be readily available.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 227
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 227
Thanks for the Welcome. I have been looking at the photo submissions for some time but did not think about the forum until I started to rebuild my bolt.

Thanks for the advise on the price. You are probably right $35 a piece isn't that bad.

I had tried Napa and CarQuest but they both don't have, nor carry anymore since they have been discontinued.

Thanks again everyone for your advise!!


1960 Chevy Apache (C10)
1965 Chevy C30 Dump Truck
1966 Chevy C30 Tow Truck
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
A local hydraulic hose shop can make you some, but I don't know what they will cost.


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
I have an old Napa catalog at the shop. The part #,s are 36678(R) 36679(L). You might call them. They are all connected on computer & some warehouse might have them. If not see if a helpful parts man will compare your old one to one for a1973. There may not be much difference.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 24
T
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 24
That's easy.

I bought my 71 dually front brake hoses from Kenny's Trucks in Oklahoma. He's a real stand up guy and ships quick. Cost was 40 per pair.

www.kennystrucks.com is his website. Don't worry if his website doesn't list them specifically, Kenny is a guru, and will have them.


Tender caretaker of antique tractors and old trucks.

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0