The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Ponchogl, IHPWR, Paul_WNC, Jon G), 97 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,136
Posts1,056,431
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#481776 12/13/2008 5:58 PM
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 142
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 142
Okay,

I am guilty of not posting photos of any of my trucks.

First and foremost, I want to thank “Stovebolt” for this wonderful on-line site. It just can’t be beat! The powers to be, John and Peggy Milliman, whom more than likely put up with more crap than what we can even begin to think of. Secondly, for Spanky Hardy and his assistance in decoding my 1946 Chevrolet 1-½ Ton Tow-Truck.

Okay, here she is:

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo352/46Canopy/Blue2.jpg

Ernest Holmes "Traffic King” Data Plate: Top number: 515E, Lower number: TL61586
TL61586 decodes to, 'T' = Traffic King model 515, 'L' = December, '6' = 1946. '1586', is the unit number. '319' was the first unit, & '6378', was the last unit.

Has a hand crank, as well as PTO driven from the lever in the cab via chain. Twin boom, adjustable height. Can be separated for anchor line and service line. Still learning operation of this unit (just got a manual) and how to apply anchoring and snatch blocks. I want this truck to be fully tow-operational by 2010?.

When the gentleman came to look at it for hauling, we were guessing a GVW of approximately 7,000 lbs. The 1946 Chevrolet Cab and Chassis 160" wheelbase has a wet GVW of 3,950 lbs.

I have too many irons in the fire. So, I asked a Chevrolet dealership in assisting me with getting her running, and getting her to stop. The Chevrolet truck has a factory Hydrovac Power Brake Unit and is just a diamond in the rough.
Can't wait to get her on the road.

Dale
46Canopy

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
Thanks for the photo Dale. Looks great. Have you tried to lower those booms yet. Should be around 9'ft. from ground to boom end, on a 515. You'll need to separate them first, & lower one at a time. Seems like I now remember telling you I was going to send you some 515 literature. Did I?


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
spanky #484703 12/21/2008 6:44 AM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 581
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 581
Dale,

That is one cool truck!!! If I didn't have too many fire trucks, I'd like to get a hauler.

I'm close to finishing the refurb on my 41 ton and a half. I'll help where I can, feel free to message me if needed.

-Michael


Please type slow, as I can't read very fast.

1939 Chevy/Central Fire Engine
1941 Chevy/American Fire Engine
1950 Chevy/American Fire Engine
In the Gallery
More Photos in Me Gallery

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0