Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (3B, Phak1, 1955 1 Series, Gib70, Joe H, KEVINSKI, 1 invisible),
133
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,092 Posts1,056,451 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 586 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 586 | On my '46 i am using the parking lights as my turn signal lights too. My turn signal wiring goes to the park lights, and rear lights. They work fine till i hit the brakes, then the rear and parking light stays lit till i let off the brake pedal. Any ideas as to what i wired wrong? I'm using a sig stat 900. Cecil..... | | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,388 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,388 | I'd recheck your wiring against the wiring diagram. I'm using a seven wire switch, and I have to admit, it took me two tries to get it to all work happily. At first I had a short in one of the rear pigtails, so when the lightbulb was put in, it made contact with both contacts. Result: When I hit the brakes, my front park lights would come on faintly. All I can suggest, is check check recheck, and use that volt meter to see if there is a short anywhere. Take out the bulbs before you do this. Did you switch your front park light pigtails to use double filaments? I'll tell you, my truck feels pretty fancy shmancy, and my arm stays dry in the rain.
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 687 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2006 Posts: 687 | Cecil, The 46 is like my 41 I think, are you using 2 tail lamps or 4? If you are using 2 tail lamps you are going to have to add 2 lamps or do what I have done (or am going to do). Origionaly these trucks didn't have any turn signals. They were added to the system as aftermarket devises. The normal installation of these turn signal systems required the addition of more lights on the rear and front or modification of the front by rewiring the sockets to accept double element bulbs and adding lamps to the rear. The truck origional had only 1 lamp on the rear. It had 2 single element bulbs. One bulb was stop lamp and the other was park lamp. What I am about to do (and it will work) is add a rt. side stop lamp (aftermarket also with 2 single element bulbs) and install a device used fortrailer lights on vehicles with seperate turn signal and stop lamp bulbs. Instead of hooking it up for trailer lamps I will hook it up before the tail lamps and it will seperate the turn and stop lamps.
I didn't do it, no one saw me do it, you can't prove anything! "Bart Simpson" | | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 5,708 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 5,708 | Cecil, I don't know what you have for rear or front lights, but here is a wiring diagram that's pretty straight forward for the Signal-Stat unit you have. Remember that turn signal lights are actually brake lights that are interrupted...they are blinking. On the back of the rig you will need taillights, which come one with the headlights, and you will need another light, either a separate bulb or entire assembly which is the brake/turn light. I'm sure you already have this figured out. Good luck. http://www.film.queensu.ca/CJ3B/Tech/SignalWiring.htmlStuart | | | | | Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 586 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2003 Posts: 586 | I found that i miswired one of the tail lights. Thanks for all the input. Cecil......... | | |
| |