| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (MickeyP, JW51, Gdads51, moparguy, Robert Crandall, Charles in CA, 1 invisible),
213
guests, and
7
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,152 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 15 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 15 | Hey all,
Working on the doors on the dump truck. I have new felt window channels to install. The "run clips" I got from american classic are different from the flat originals:
http://hubcap.clemson.edu/~willys/run_clips.jpg
I assume that I drill holes in the door for these to pop into. What's the trick? Affix them to the doors then to the channels? Or, how do you get the holes in the right place?
Also, I have a new wiper seal to install as well ... danged if I can get it to slide in ... is it possible to push in one side, them coax the other in? Silicone lube?
Thanks for any insights ...
-Dan
1950 Chevy 1.5 ton dump | | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 15 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 15 | So, I'll answer my own question ... Not sure if I did it right, but it appears to work. I drilled holes and popped the new clips in place. Then I got the felt channels in place an pounded them onto the clips with a wooden block. Seems to work. For the wiper seal, I lubed it up with silicone grease and squeezed it in place. Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/luscombe334/DumptruckDoorsAndVacAdvance-Dan | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 238 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 238 | Great pictures Dan, I do wish I'd seen them before I did this work on my own truck!
Stuart | | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 15 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 15 | Thanks! Yes, I have to say that there are more enjoyable things to work on than the insides of these old doors! But, hopefully I'm about done with these for now. I have to laugh at how much better the second door turns out after you muck everything up on the first.  -Dan PS- nice job on your truck! | | |
| |
| |