| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,172 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 28 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 28 | I have a 1950 GMC and have replaced the wiring harness and added a fuel injected engine. The wiring harness fuse panel, ecm and new fuel injection wiring panel was placed under the seat. Does this location pose any problems with fire safety and if so, other than moving them, what can I do to reduce the safety issue? | | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | Under the seat is a typical location for this kind of stuff. As long as the work was done properly and nothing rubs the wiring I would not see any safety problems.
Any car or truck with power seats, seat belt warning buzzers, seat warmers and other stuff has wiring under the seat.
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | I see no major problem with it either, other than you will need to amke sure that the seat either has enough space under it or can be tilted up for access fi any maintainance (like replacing a fuse) needs to be done.
Bill Burmeister | | | | | Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 28 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 28 | Thanks for the infomation. Just thinking of possible problems in the future.
Darren | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 | One thing to consider would be the hole (with a grommet) that is under the seat. I would think that is there to drain water. If water gets in there mucho problems senior.
~Jim
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 28 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Feb 2007 Posts: 28 | I saw the hole under the seat at the lowest portion. I assumed it was there to drain water in case of water in the cab. The electronics are on the highest portion under the seat but water damage could be a issue. Need to make sure the cab is sealed well. | | |
| |
| |