The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Roy Rodgers, Oswald, Brian Moore), 124 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#477750 12/03/2008 2:07 AM
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 32
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 32
Today I fired up the old 235 after rebuilding it and it runs like a new one. The clutch works and the transmission shifts fine. I put a 1 ton Ford rear-end in it last week and it fit almost perfectly only difference is its 3/4 of an inch wider in the back now. Tomorrow I will mount the 350 Chevy with the 700r4 midway right behind the cab. and put the 235 up for sale. I think I will use the old engine compartment for either all aluminum gas tank or maybe an over-sized beer cooler. I am in the process of completely manufacturing an IFS for the front along with power rack. I took the power rack and pointed it straight up for the steering shaft. Looks real good so far. I will put more pictures of it on the Web tomorrow afternoon after I finish installing the mid-engine and trans.

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 83
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 83
Roy,
I may be interested in the intake/exhaust manifold off your old engine. I believe the 41-49 were the same with a 2 15/16 bolt pattern for the carb. Let me know....
Chevman

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 83
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 83
Roy,
I think I had my dimension wrong.....the 41-49 should be 2 11/16" bolt pattern center to center.
Thanks,
Chevman

Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 32
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 32
Just a reminder that this is a complete set-up for the 235 Updraft that was used on the COE only. Comes complete with both manifolds, new gaskets, Carb just came back from the carb shop getting rebuilt and the heat riser has been completely rebuilt also. I dont want to separate the 3 pieces and I have $525.00 in everything. This is the best stuff out there you will find. I dont do anything half-XXXXX
Roy

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 83
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 83
Roy,
I'm sure this is a top-notch setup. However, I all ready have a new updraft carburator and was hoping to just get the intake/exhuast manifold to match my year. Plus, my truck budget is running in the red right now as it is (which the boss isn't real happy about anyway....).

I have two newer style Carter updraft carbs to go with the setup that I have...I just have to rebuild one of them to use it. I figured it would be easier to clean-up and paint a used intake/exhuast to go with the new Carter updraft carb that I got, than to rebuild one of my used carbs.

So, I guess I am going to have to pass on yours.
Thanks for getting back to me!!


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0