The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Gdads51, Otto Skorzeny, 3800GUY, Swami29, Youngin' Tut 59, 1 invisible), 97 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,114
Posts1,056,604
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#477414 12/02/2008 1:49 AM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 36
6
Apprentice
Apprentice
6 Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 36
I pulled the old three speed out without a problem, along with the flywheel, clutch, and bellhousing. The bellhousing was very greasy, so I cleaned it up repainted it and installed it along with the new clutch disc. However I was stumped when I tried to put the T-4 in place. It seems near impossible without having to cut the rivets off the crossmember and remove it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by 65sixbanger; 12/02/2008 3:36 AM.

1964 c-10
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 36
6
Apprentice
Apprentice
6 Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 36
If I removed the bellhousing again, would this provide me with enough clearance to get the transmission above the crossmember?

Last edited by 65sixbanger; 12/02/2008 4:21 AM.

1964 c-10

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0