| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,123 Posts1,056,653 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 6 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 6 | I finally got my project and was hoping to get some ideas for upgrades... I need to fix the brakes and would like to upgrade at least the fronts to a large power disc setup. I need to replace the steering column and I would like to add power steering, too. Also, can anyone recommend a good set of donor seats that will fit well in this cab? The original bench frame was broken and I tossed it. Do later model truck seats work or are seats from a car a better fit? I need to get these things figured out before I move on to swapping in a motor an tranny. Thanks! | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | Any seat other then original type will take some fabrication, but its generally no big deal. Some of these wrecked cars have some real nice seats & can be bought reasonably. Take a few measurements. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 121 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 121 | 88 & newer GM truck seat is almost a direct bolt in. Front seat bolts are almost perfect placing, you need to drill new holes for the rears. The 95 ( I think) and newer seats have the seat belts attached to the seats.
Dave 66 GMC- father /son project with the "GMC KID" 36 Chevy PU- 4x4 lifetime project 64 Skylark- wife says its hers
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 59 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 59 | My 64 has some kind of later year seat. I think it`s a mid 90`s Chevrolet seat. The problem with mine is even when it`s all the way back against the fuel tank, my stock big steering wheel is right in my lap. I`m going to be replacing my tank with a rail mounted one so I think this will solve my problem. Mike
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 6 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 6 | Thanks for all the info and links!! Too bad my friend just sold the seats from his 99 he wrecked. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 67 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 67 | I've got 6 way power leather seats out of a dodge caravan or chrysler le baron with a center console out of a 98 ford explorer fits perfect...had to drill new holes to mount to floor but no big deal.... | | |
| |
| |