| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (WICruiser, 2 invisible),
142
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,269 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 15 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 15 | Hey all, I'm considering putting a pertronix ignitor (#1167) electronic ignition module and 40,000 volt coil in my 12v 1950 1.5 ton dump with 216. I like the idea of no points and a little more power would be welcome. Their prices have gone up, though ... ~$120 now. Does anyone have any comments, glowing or otherwise? Is it worth it? (Looking for someone to push me over the edge or drag me back...  -Dan | | | | | Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,067 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2004 Posts: 1,067 | For $120 bucks, it seems a stretch, but in my opinion, it really was worth it. Starts are instant and every time, no points to adjust or let you down out on the road somewhere, and just works so much nicer. A few places to check. Try Summit Racing, and then try Speedway Motors. I've found Speedway is usually a bit cheaper than Summit, but then Summit has a low price guarantee and you can call them back and make them beat Speedway by some percentage. I've done that before.
52 GMC 3/4 ton pickup 68 Big Block Vette 68 455 Firebird | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | | | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 15 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 15 | Thanks for the tips ... I had already ordered the Ignitor kit from Summit for $115. I pointed out the price difference to them after the fact, and they refunded $35 to bring the price in line.
I didn't expect anything and didn't ask for it -- only pointed it out, and they did the right thing.
Cool!
-Dan
| | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | That's a good tip to know. I've used Speedway and Yogi's. I'll check into Summit next time I need a somethinoranother. | | |
| |
| |