The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 155 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,241
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 15
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 15
Hey all,

I'm considering putting a pertronix ignitor (#1167) electronic ignition module and 40,000 volt coil in my 12v 1950 1.5 ton dump with 216. I like the idea of no points and a little more power would be welcome.

Their prices have gone up, though ... ~$120 now. Does anyone have any comments, glowing or otherwise? Is it worth it?

(Looking for someone to push me over the edge or drag me back... wink

-Dan

Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,067
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,067
For $120 bucks, it seems a stretch, but in my opinion, it really was worth it. Starts are instant and every time, no points to adjust or let you down out on the road somewhere, and just works so much nicer. A few places to check. Try Summit Racing, and then try Speedway Motors. I've found Speedway is usually a bit cheaper than Summit, but then Summit has a low price guarantee and you can call them back and make them beat Speedway by some percentage. I've done that before.


52 GMC 3/4 ton pickup
68 Big Block Vette
68 455 Firebird
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 15
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 15
Thanks for the tips ... I had already ordered the Ignitor kit from Summit for $115. I pointed out the price difference to them after the fact, and they refunded $35 to bring the price in line.

I didn't expect anything and didn't ask for it -- only pointed it out, and they did the right thing.

Cool!

-Dan



Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
That's a good tip to know. I've used Speedway and Yogi's. I'll check into Summit next time I need a somethinoranother.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0