The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Hotrod Lincoln), 55 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,090
Posts1,056,376
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#466720 10/31/2008 10:40 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 219
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 219
ABOUT TO PURCHASE.WHAT ARE YOU USING ON YOUR PANEL


layback
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Do you care if they are original appearance?


Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 381
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 381
If you are not concerned with originality - go with late '80's or early '90's Chevy van mirrors. The mounting base fits the contour of the AD doors perfectly, and the arms curve inward so they don't stick out too far. And they are swing in mirrors. I put them on my '54 Chevy panel, and love them.

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 36
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 36
Doyou have any pictures? My burb came with the peek-a-boo mirrors and I can't keep them adjusted. The right side is absolutely worthless and only for show.

Thanks,

robert

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 381
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 381
My wife has a digital camera. I try to get her to take some pix, and then figure out how to post them. -wbrowne

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,519
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,519
I have the 4" peep mirrors on my panel,with the bubble mirrors stuck to them. They work for me.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Mine is not a panel but a 51 pickup. I mounted the rectangualr mirrors on the peep brackets and they work well. I had to add a little extender to the passenger side to get the mirror to fit on the bracket. The only thing I would like better is one of the wide angle morrors.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 381
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 381
Hey bbqhauler - send me an email for pix of the mirrors for the '54 panel. I can't figure out how to post the pix on this site. I can email them to you. [email protected]

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 36
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 36
PM sent.

Robert


Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0