| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,138 Posts1,056,440 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 125 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 125 | I'm kinda new here. I'm putting together a 261/ T-5 combo for my '62 swb chevy. The 235 barely makes it uphill with a bike in the back, and the freeway fills the cab with blow-by! Sooo... I've got a 1960 261, An 848 head with a fresh V/J and .040 or .060 shave ( I can't remember), and a 1989 s-10 T-5. I'm looking for an 11" disc with a 14 spline hub. I thought I got one @ the local parts house for 68.00, but they just called and "revised" thier price to 120.00. Thats seems like alot to me. Anyone got a suggestion? Part no.? something?
Who is John Galt?
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 | I believe I used an AstroVan clutch from NAPA to replace the old stock 11 incher. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 1,820 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 1,820 | NAPA won't sell a clutch disc only, they want to sell you a pressure plate and an alignment tool as part of the kit and that could be why your local parts store wants $120.00. It may be the same deal. I got a disc (Astro Van) RCF4201 (9 7/8" or 10") I'll sell you for a lot less than that! Send me a PM. Joe 
Last edited by 6cylindersovertexas; 10/28/2008 4:34 AM.
"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!" My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.Operators are standing by to take your calls! Now cruising in the Passing Lane | | | | | Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 125 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 125 | Thanks, I checked napa online and found a disc for 75.00. Thats more like it. Also they are 30.00 less for a complete gasket kit for a 261. &0.00 vs 100.00. I guess I'll have to stop supporting my local mom and pop parts house.
Who is John Galt?
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 125 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 125 | btw 11" 14 spline astro w/ 4.3 p/n RCF4212 $75.49
Who is John Galt?
| | |
| |
| |