The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (KEVINSKI, Dennys28), 96 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 170
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 170
I'm getting ready to add a brake booster to the front disc brake conversion on my '66 C10. I've got a 350 with an Edelbrock performer manifold and it has a large, maybe 5/8" vacuum fitting hole behind the carb. Currently there is a fitting in the hole with a small (maybe 3/16") nipple for an vacuum hose that runs into the cab. I need to replace this fitting with one that has both the small nipple and a larger, maybe 3/8" nipple for the brake booster. So far I've looked at several of the disc brake conversion web sites, NAPA and Auto Zone web sites but have been unable to find one. Anybody know where I can find the double ended, 3/16" and 3/8" fitting I need. Is there another option? From what I've read its best to use vacuum off the manifold, not the carb.

Appreaciate any advice.

Steve


See my 1940 Canadian GMC:
http://community.webshots.com/user/ndnchf
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
You should be able to make up something using hardware store pipe fittings or auto parts store. The small hose running to inside the cab must be for a vacuum gauge as I believe that model has electric wipers. It should be connected at the carb. smile


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
Yeah your brakes will work a lot better hooked up directly to the manifold.As far as getting the fitting,most auto parts store usually have a pretty good selection.

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 582
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 582
Try looking at www.mcmaster.com. They have a lot of fittings but it'll take ya a while to look through them all.


Country Roads, West (By God) Virginia
http://community.webshots.com/user/geezer
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 170
N
Member
Member
N Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 170
I don't have a vacuum gauge, but my truck has a Vintage Air A/C system in it. I'm thinking that small line goes to the A/C unit somewhere. I didn't see anything on NAPA's web site, but I'll stop there tomorrow and see what they have.

McMaster-Carr is a good alternative I hadn't thought about, I'll check there also.

Thanks,
Steve


See my 1940 Canadian GMC:
http://community.webshots.com/user/ndnchf

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0