The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Shade Baby, Jon G, Gdads51, dt235sd), 93 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,118
Posts1,056,306
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#460107 10/10/2008 1:00 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 72
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 72
Hello to the electrical Guru's, and if i may , I have a couple of questions. For background purposes, I have pulled out the old 350 that was in my truck, and have just put in the new 350. Am almost done with the mechanicals and will be starting the electrical soon. First question I have is about the wire going to the distributor. The old motor had an external coil as pictured here. The new motor does not have an external coil as pictured before install. I have heard that I do not need to go through the "ballast resistor". Is this true?

The second question is will I need to go through that same ballast resistor going to the electronic choke on the carb? Do I need this ballast resistor at all?

I have several other questions, however I will pose them in seperate posts so as not to run this one out by the page. wink
Thanks in advance for any help.


Give me my Truck, or...my truck daamit! Cause i aint leavin without it!

http://picasaweb.google.com/jadefalcon1218/MyK10
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,708
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,708
Don's 65 K10,

Beautiful new engine. Someone has informed you correctly...the new GM HEI on your new engine requires 12 volts, no resistor used.

A electric choke uses full voltage too. I don't know if there is a new version called an 'electronic' choke that might use reduced voltage, but I doubt it. Maybe you meant electric.

Stuart

Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 72
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 72
blush Ya, so I wasn't sure if it was an electric, or electronic choke! So why you gotta pick on me like that? cry I never done nothin to you. wink Now I gotta go tell my wife so she can..... so she can..... tell me to grow a pair, and quit cryin like a baby! Darn it, nobody's on my side. I want my Mommy!! eeeek

Now that I got that out of my system, thanks for the info, and the correction. It is appreciated. grin

Don


Give me my Truck, or...my truck daamit! Cause i aint leavin without it!

http://picasaweb.google.com/jadefalcon1218/MyK10

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0