The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (Otto Skorzeny, Gray_Ghost, Steelonsteel, MaxStewart, TUTS 59, KEVINSKI, MNSmith, 3800GUY, 1 invisible), 112 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,584
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 12
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 12
My brother-in-law is giving me some wheels for my '54 3100...I'm using 15 inch wheels...Some of the wheels had 3 clips and the others had 6 clips (to attach the hubcaps)...Is there a difference in these 15 inch wheels and will I have problems once I purchase the replica hubcaps? I haven't purchased the tires or hubcaps yet, these wheels were old ones stored behind the barn...They are also pretty rusted, I plan on getting them blasted and powder coated...Any advice?

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
Originally Posted by 54 cascade ranger
My brother-in-law is giving me some wheels for my '54 3100...I'm using 15 inch wheels...Some of the wheels had 3 clips and the others had 6 clips (to attach the hubcaps)...Is there a difference in these 15 inch wheels and will I have problems once I purchase the replica hubcaps?

Measure to see if there is any difference between them. I would personally prefer 6 clips of course. You can order clips from Classic Chevy (Chevy Duty) and add them yourself.


~Jim
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Sometime in the mid 50s the wheels went to 3 clips. As long as the width of the rims is the same you should have no problems.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Sometime in the mid 50s the wheels went to 3 clips. As long as the width of the rims is the same you should have no problems.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0