The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 182 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,228
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#457277 09/30/2008 2:57 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 100
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 100
It has been a long time. Finally, I have sheet metal blasted and primed (epoxy). I have the wood parts for cab assembled and am now trying to fit to sheet matal.
Question..Does the seat frame sides fit on top of or in a grove in the floor sills.

Question...Do you have to sand the epoxy primer BEFORE painting? If so, RATHER than sanding, can you get a primer or paint that will "burn in" eliminating sanding?

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 137
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 137
I have taken some pictures that may help, maybe.
The guy that could help is 35 trucker, you may search his post and see if he has explained some of this before. I was at his house and he was showing me his cab framing and he is putting together notes on the installation of the sheet metal.
Look at the pictures, 5 of them and I will try to anwser or take more pictures if needed. Mike
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2384469780101711709dVoJwa

Last edited by Grizzly 34s; 10/01/2008 3:02 AM.

"Save your's or someone else's Grandfather's CLASSIC TRUCK"
1934 1.5-Ton Big Bolts ~ Gallery page https://www.facebook.com/Grizzle-Vintage-Parts-1446215762368948/
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 100
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 100
Griz
Thanks for the pics. They are a good help. I will try 35 Trukcker. I was able to get a lot of info from a fellow in Penn. James Pain. Been trying him without success.

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 137
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 137
This cab is on its side, but the fire truck doesn't have a rear wall to the cab does it? If you look at KC wood website the are some pictures of a 34 cab being put together.


"Save your's or someone else's Grandfather's CLASSIC TRUCK"
1934 1.5-Ton Big Bolts ~ Gallery page https://www.facebook.com/Grizzle-Vintage-Parts-1446215762368948/
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 100
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 100
The cab is orignal and a rear wall. I believe it is the same as a 34.

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 137
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 137
Do you have any pictures posted anywhere?


"Save your's or someone else's Grandfather's CLASSIC TRUCK"
1934 1.5-Ton Big Bolts ~ Gallery page https://www.facebook.com/Grizzle-Vintage-Parts-1446215762368948/
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 100
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 100
I have no idea how to post pictures. Is there a trick to the process?

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 137
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 137
Do you have Digital pictures or photos? I use Webshots which is free for the level of use I need. There are many other ones out there that are free too. You can click on my Webshots link and start your own by signing up.
It is easy to use and edit if needed. You camera should have a USB cable to plug in and upload straight from the camera.


"Save your's or someone else's Grandfather's CLASSIC TRUCK"
1934 1.5-Ton Big Bolts ~ Gallery page https://www.facebook.com/Grizzle-Vintage-Parts-1446215762368948/
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 100
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 100
Griz.
I will give it a try. Thanks for your help.
Have you or anyone heard from "35 trucker"?

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 137
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 137
John Boy, Here is some information from Tom who is also redoing his wood in his cab. ----

Hi Mike, I’m not quite to that point right now, but here is my plan. Right now I have the new Hinge Pillars fastened to the Cowl. I am redoing both doors right now. Soon to be done with those in a few weeks. Then I thought I would hang the doors, then align the Lock pillers to them. I did not order new wood for the floor and box undernieth the seat. I was able to pattern those pieces and make them myself from the original. By doing this part I am not quite sure how the Pillars will fasten to the base hence the reason I am doing that last part. Then install the roof. It basically lines up the 4 corners of the door frames. Then I can assemble the rest of the wood in the rear of the cab. Following with the 2 wrapped corners, sheet metal around the window, and ending with the sheet metal below the rear window. Hope this makes sense, and I hope this outline is close to being correct. Feel free to pass this on to John Boy, and hope this helps. Tom



"Save your's or someone else's Grandfather's CLASSIC TRUCK"
1934 1.5-Ton Big Bolts ~ Gallery page https://www.facebook.com/Grizzle-Vintage-Parts-1446215762368948/
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 100
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 100

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 100
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 100
Whom ever said a picture is worth a thousand words couldn't have been more correct. I have added a few more pic to my album. I am still in a quandry at the seat. It appears the sides should set down in the grove of the frame sill. In Pic #6 the red pencile sits in the routed grove of the sill. However the side is not high engough to sit in the grove and be flush on top where the seat rests. It appears the sides need to be higher or I need to fill in the grove?
Pic #8 shows a little body rust. Is putting window screen or firberglass mesh the best way to fill in?

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 137
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 137
I think that groove may be there for clearance of the gas tank.
I will look at the other truck tonight. The floor and seat frame is about the only wood left in that one. But looking at the pictures I am not sure that wood is there either. Mike
http://rides.webshots.com/album/559913751gkWZBg


"Save your's or someone else's Grandfather's CLASSIC TRUCK"
1934 1.5-Ton Big Bolts ~ Gallery page https://www.facebook.com/Grizzle-Vintage-Parts-1446215762368948/
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 137
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 137
Here are some more pictures from the other cab with the wood.
http://rides.webshots.com/album/567536964BcoiwN



"Save your's or someone else's Grandfather's CLASSIC TRUCK"
1934 1.5-Ton Big Bolts ~ Gallery page https://www.facebook.com/Grizzle-Vintage-Parts-1446215762368948/
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 2
N
New Guy
New Guy
N Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 2
JB...

Very nice pitures of this 35 fire truck. I am looking for a frame for a 35 truck (EB Series).

Do you have any ideas...any thoughts.

I'd appreciate your help.
---Nicole Collier
Westmoreland,NH

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 2
N
New Guy
New Guy
N Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 2
Dear Mike:

I am looking for a frame for a 35 truck. (EB Series)

Do you have any ideas. I'd appreciate your help.

Take care,
---Nicole Collier
Westmoreland, NH

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 581
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 581
Ummm . . . how about a '34 Dodge frame? (there's one on e-bay right now . . . )

I'll keep my eyes peeled. eek

-Michael


Please type slow, as I can't read very fast.

1939 Chevy/Central Fire Engine
1941 Chevy/American Fire Engine
1950 Chevy/American Fire Engine
In the Gallery
More Photos in Me Gallery
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 100
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 100
I will make a contact for you, not sure if the frame is still in the field or what year/modle, will check?

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 100
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 100
Well I think I have my profile updated. Test

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 137
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 137
Nicole, I found a frame (DB OR EB) in South Dakota while I was searching for truck parts in August, should still be there. We are both quit the distance. It wasn't bent up that I remember. I have some pictures in my webshots. The cowl was still attached to the frame.


"Save your's or someone else's Grandfather's CLASSIC TRUCK"
1934 1.5-Ton Big Bolts ~ Gallery page https://www.facebook.com/Grizzle-Vintage-Parts-1446215762368948/
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 100
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 100
Nicole, the frame I saw is now gone. A fella in Nevada had a parts rig. I will email him.

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 100
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 100
Nicole
No luck on the frame.

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 100
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 100
I am off to a good start. I finaly have the motor BOLTED down!!! I had to make a cross member to accept the motor mounts of the '57 Chevy 6. It turned out nice and fit like a glove. Now I am going to get the engine ready to fire to make sure all is OK. Next is the PTO Viking Pump! It needed a new impeller.
I will include a picture of the drive train with new mount and pump install once I hang pump.


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0