| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,138 Members48,435 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 22 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 22 | I just finished installing an electronic ignition setup on my 4400 big bolt made up of spare parts I had lying around. Now it starts cold without the choke, something it wouldn't do before. Also, the low speed miss it had seems to be completely gone.
What I did: I took a spare delco points distributor that came with the truck and drilled and tapped some holes in the breaker plate to mount a Chrysler magnetic pickup. I chucked the distributor shaft into a drill press and used a piece of 60 grit sanding belt to turn down the breaker cam so I could just slip a Chrysler six cylinder reluctor over it. I glued the reluctor in place with some red locktite after phasing it to the terminals in an old distributor cap I cut in half. I used a F*rd Duraspark II ignition box I had left over from an old project to generate the spark. Next time I'm at the junk yard, I'll grab an e-core coil from a late eighties Ford for a boost in spark energy as they are essentially identical to MSD's e-core coils for an increase in spark energy. Once I get some better wires, I'll open up the plug gap a bit and hopefully get a smidge better fuel economy.
| | |
| |
| |