The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Otto Skorzeny, KEVINSKI, Hotrod Lincoln), 94 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,099
Posts1,056,506
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#456110 09/26/2008 3:02 PM
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 34
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 34
I am running a relatively stock 292, with the exception of upgraded ignition, a 194ci head (60.5cc combustion chamber), and Langdon exhaust manifolds.

Hoping to run the 2x1 offy intake I have. Wondering if anybody has any carb suggestions for this setup. I have two remanufactured rochester mono-jets, but they seem large and clunky. I'm after a nice clean, simple look. Hoping to run the 1940's chevy truck air cleaners.

I have been considering swapping the mono-jets for a pair of Carters (W-1, 5BR-1, or BB), or perhaps early rochester 1bbl carbs. Perhaps using adapters to use Ford 94 2bbl carbs.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 769
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 769
Check out the Holley 847, it is a nice looking carb. It is the one barrel version of the Holley 94 two barrel used on the ford flatheads.

Last edited by Lonnie Gallaher; 09/26/2008 5:49 PM.
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 130
S
sps Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 130
A little trick for your ignition: a 250 electronic dist. drops right in a 292. I have done it, works like a charm.
Steve

Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
I would go with a pair of 2 bbl carbs. The singles won't flow enough to allow the maximum from the 292, especially if you have a healthy camshaft.


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0