The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (klhansen, Otto Skorzeny, Hotrod Lincoln, Shaffer's1950, walter74, J Lucas), 76 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,406
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#455668 09/24/2008 9:37 PM
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 231
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 231
Ive decided to sell my daily driver a dodge dakota to help support my 49 build. But im looking to buy another cheap truck daily driver and found a 1969 4x4 3/4 350 4 speed for 950$ rough but runs and everything works.i was just wondering what kinda gas milage these old trucks get. my dakota gets about 14 now so anything around there would be alright with me. also do you think thier would be a difference between 3/4ton and 1/2ton.

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
If your getting 14 now, you'll be lucky to get 10 with a 3/4 ton.

crenwelge #455680 09/24/2008 10:45 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
Several things go against mileage here: 3/4 ton - 4x4 and an old loose engine. You would be lucky to get 14 mpg.


~Jim
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 231
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 231
yah thats what i was thinking,its only got a 100 thousand miles though so i didnt think it was to bad

Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,002
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,002
I have a 68 3/4 ton 2WD, it had a 327, lucky to get 9 mpg, if I stayed under 2500 RPM. It had 116k on it when I got it and the cam was bad, I replaced the cam before I drove it. It also had 4.56 gears in the rear. I know have a 350 out of a 72 4X4, had to replace the cam, some of the lobes were worn 25%. I now have 3.73 gears a if I keep it under 2.5k I'll get maybe 12 mpg. Late 60s and early 70s Chevy cams are a known problem. Offer him less if it's decent.

Larry


I don't own a vehicle that isn't old enough to drink.
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 2
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 2
I rebuilt a 1969 350CI several years ago on a short bed K10. Runs beautiful on leaner jets since it's parked at 8500 feet. 13 miles to the gallon and no more.

Dans_70 #456880 09/29/2008 11:59 AM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 549
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 549
3/4 ton - 4x4 and a loose engine, you should get 15 easy.

7 mpg in town and 8 on the highway - that's 15 right? grin

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 49
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 49
I have a '64 K10 'Burb, 350, with Holley 4 barrel, 4 speed and 373.
At a constant 60 mph on the highway I get 13.5. Around town ? mpg.
Too many cold starts to know for sure. Probably about 8-10.

Bill Cain #457052 09/29/2008 10:02 PM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 207
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 207
i have a '73 C20, 400 small block edlbrock 600CFM carb and intake, 350 trans,4.11 rear. it gets 11 pulling a empty 18 foot flatbed and about 8 carrying 13,000LBS of wood with that trailer. it probably would have got better if there weren't so many hills. but that engine only has 3-4000 miles on it.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0