The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (J Lucas, Eileen, Mike'sPlace), 83 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,296
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 20
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 20
I just bought a 66 GMC sub and started going over wiring for the rear lights and found all had been removed from the plug near the gas tank. I got tail/brake/turn lights working properly. Sub was factory automatic, yet PO removed the 351 v6 and tranny and installed 350/350 THM combo. I found the backup lights to work, when the switch was moved to a certain point on the column. I could not get the lights to operate in conjunction with the tranny in reverse. I even tried moving the switch while the engine was running, with the tranny in reverse. After several attempts, I created a new problem. Now the engine cranks and fires off when the key is moved from off to run position, sometimes. The other half of the time, I can turn the key to run and gauges act correctly, but when the shifter is moved to reverse, the engine fires up. This is my first automatic to mess with. Not totally familiar with NS/BU switch. I figure it's a problem with the NS/BU since that is what I was messing with when the problem started. I have been troubleshooting equipment all day at work and after two hours of chasing and correcting wiring, so I kind of gave up for the night. Will start fresh in the morning, I just wanted to pick a few brains. Thanks for any information.

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 20
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 20
Fresh start and found the problem first thing when I removed the NS/BU switch. New switch, problem corrected.

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,403
J
jdl Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,403
Do your backup lights work now? grin


Jordan D. Long

1954 Chevrolet 3100 1/2-Ton

And some more pictures
Photobucket

I got a 'Possum Pickup... Now I'm the Roadkill King!!! Anyone want to make some Stovebolt Stew?
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 20
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 20
Yes, they work as they should. Thanks.


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0