The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Bill Hanlon), 181 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,239
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 47
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 47
Hi. I need some more advice on my 1949 Chevy 3/4 Ton truck project...

I just picked up my 261 from the engine shop and it looks like I goofed on the harmonic balancer. I must have given them a newer one from a 235 that has a skinny belt groove instead of the '49 wide belt groove. The original '49 216 water pump was installed using an adapter plate on the front of the 261. The '49 water pump pulley is the short style with the wide belt groove. The bottom line is that the centerlines of the fan belt grooves do not line up.

Surely someone has run across this before. Am I better off to change the water pump pully or the harmonic balancer?

Thanks!
Dan M.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Dan,

It would be easier to change the harmonic balancer. What width groove do you have on the generator pulley? It should match the other two pulleys.

Tim

Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
4
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
4 Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
I think the '54 car water pump has a skinny grove, that may work.


Paint & Body Shop moderator
A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0