| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
108
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,292 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 288 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 288 | Will the 5 lug drums from 39 1/2 ton work on my 55.1 1/2 ton. I am swapping rear ends and don't mind the current brake system. I have found a fellow bolter with the above mentioned parts and I am not sure if those parts would work.
Any help is appreciated.
-Chris
Chris 1955FirstSeries
| | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | Chris, I'm 99% sure that the '39 1/2 tons ran 6 lugs. In fact I think even the Chevy cars back then had six lugs. You better check those parts out carefully to make sure what they are. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | The only way the '39 has 5-lug hubs is if someone converted it. But its likely the parts that converted a '39 can also be adapted to convert the '55 1st.
One caution. '36 Chevy cars had a one-year-only 5-lug bolt pattern. It doesn't fit anything else, and you'll want to be certain you're getting 5 x 4.75 hubs and not something else.
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | |
| |
| |