Nice! Thanks for the info guys. I think i'll email the guuys in those two links, and see if what I think to be true for this axle, ,really is.
And to answer the confusion on the 'counter-rotating' front axle....best I can tell is, it turns the opposite way a standard pickup front driveline turns....I believe it's still a low-pinion, and not a high-pinion that **** uses. Now, IF this is true, then that will work out great for me, since I can just flip the axle over end for end, and have the diff on the correct side, with the diff also spinning the right way that my Bronco's Tcase turns. Yes, you read that right, these axles are for my Bronco.
I checked out that '53 military for sale in Oregon City....hoo-boy! Soon as I've got the cash for it, I'm callin that guy....and hope he's still got it by then
Another question - am I correct in understanding that these old GMC militarys have the 302 I6? Would that be multi-fuel, or not? Also, how does the size of one of these engines - called Hercules, right?? - compare to a Cummins you'd find in your Ram pickups?
LMAO - Someone's got this board to edit out F o r d? HAhahaaaa, that's funny!!
