The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Paul Mullen), 99 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#448600 09/03/2008 3:39 PM
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 143
Y
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Y Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 143
I know this has probably been asked/answered in the past but I couldn't turn up anything by doing a search. My question is, can a carburetor from a '66 250 be used on a 62' 235? It may seem like a silly question for some but I have not had much experience with 235s and barely know what they look like in person. I may have a chance to purchase a 62' Chevy soon that is missing its carb. I was hoping to use the carb from my parts truck to get it going. If it turns out that the engine is bad, I may just swap the 250 out of my parts truck and put it in the 62'. I'd rather keep this truck as original as possible though, so a carb swap would be best for me. Anyway I hope to be on the road to owning my first true stovebolt 6.

Yaut #448690 09/03/2008 9:04 PM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
It will fit on there but i'm not sure about the throttle linkage. Some have auto. choke & some are manual. It will work to start it up & check the engine.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 143
Y
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Y Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 143
Thanks a lot, I will try it out.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0