| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,605 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 186 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 186 | I checked my assembly manual and note there are supposed to be two spacers and an SP washer at different locations between the mount and the pedals on the shaft. On my 49 it looks like the PO used some old wheel washers and removed the tang for the slot on the spindle for the spacers and there is a really worn out copper washer. I should add all the spacers/washers are worn to paper thin on one side due to bearing wear and movement in the whole assembly in addition to being wobbled out in the center bores. I can't find any listing for these parts in the vendor catalogs so I was wondering if anyone has information on how thick the original spacers were and if the SP washer is supposed to be copper or steel. The manual doesn't say what SP is. I can figure the OD and ID by measuring the shaft and the pedal bores but I don't know how thick these spacers should be or what they are made of. Also if anyone has any length dimension on how long the stack-up should be once it's assembled I'd appreciate it.
Still trying to get ole Betsy back on the road.
| | |
| |
| |