| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,120 Posts1,056,321 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#44541 12/25/2003 1:01 AM | Joined: Nov 2003 Posts: 86 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2003 Posts: 86 | I'm starting a dual Master cylinder up-grade on my '59 3100 and can't see an easy way to remove the pedal shaft from the old master cylinder. I have already removed the " retaining bolt and retainer". Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure that you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
| | |
#44542 12/25/2003 1:13 AM | Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 | part of it is sorta 'built in' to the MC, and the other part [w/ the actual foot pad piece on it] has a tapered end that is wedged into a tapered hole in the first part by the nut - leave the nut on loosely [to protect the threads] and bash it w/ a hammer - helps to take a pipe wrench to the shaft of it to twist and loosen sometimes
Bill | | |
#44543 12/25/2003 12:44 PM | Joined: Nov 2003 Posts: 86 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2003 Posts: 86 | Yeah, I'm talking about the pivot end on the MC. There's a shaft there that connects the brake pedal shaft to the MC. That's the part I'm having trouble removing. Would it be best to remove the MC and pedal shaft together? The shop manual says at step 4 "remove pedal shaft"
Then it says to remove the MC. I guess I'm just confused.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure that you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
| | |
#44544 12/25/2003 4:44 PM | Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 | yes that one comes out w/ the cylinder - if I recall correctly, the 'pin' that holds that to the caseing is a big fat thing w/ one flat side, and it's held in by a bolted on forked plate [oops thats the "retaining bolt and retainer" you mentioned  ], then there's the pin that holds it to the cyl push rod - all easy to take apart on the bench - w/ the return spring off Bill | | |
#44545 12/25/2003 8:04 PM | Joined: Nov 2003 Posts: 86 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2003 Posts: 86 | Thanks guys, I'll hit it this afternoon IF the Tryptophan doesn't kick in from the Trukey!
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure that you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
| | |
| |
| |