The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 103 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,117
Posts1,056,298
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#44541 12/25/2003 1:01 AM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 86
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 86
I'm starting a dual Master cylinder up-grade on my '59 3100 and can't see an easy way to remove the pedal shaft from the old master cylinder. I have already removed the " retaining bolt and retainer".
Any help would be greatly appreciated!


I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure that you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
#44542 12/25/2003 1:13 AM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
S
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
part of it is sorta 'built in' to the MC, and the other part [w/ the actual foot pad piece on it] has a tapered end that is wedged into a tapered hole in the first part by the nut - leave the nut on loosely [to protect the threads] and bash it w/ a hammer - helps to take a pipe wrench to the shaft of it to twist and loosen sometimes

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature we find it attached to the rest of the world" John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics & Rust-a-holics Unanimous parking lot
#44543 12/25/2003 12:44 PM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 86
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 86
Yeah, I'm talking about the pivot end on the MC.
There's a shaft there that connects the brake pedal shaft to the MC. That's the part I'm having trouble removing.
Would it be best to remove the MC and pedal shaft together?
The shop manual says at step 4 "remove pedal shaft"

Then it says to remove the MC.
I guess I'm just confused.


I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure that you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
#44544 12/25/2003 4:44 PM
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
S
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
yes that one comes out w/ the cylinder - if I recall correctly, the 'pin' that holds that to the caseing is a big fat thing w/ one flat side, and it's held in by a bolted on forked plate [oops thats the "retaining bolt and retainer" you mentioned grin ], then there's the pin that holds it to the cyl push rod - all easy to take apart on the bench - w/ the return spring off

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature we find it attached to the rest of the world" John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics & Rust-a-holics Unanimous parking lot
#44545 12/25/2003 8:04 PM
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 86
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 86
Thanks guys, I'll hit it this afternoon IF the Tryptophan doesn't kick in from the Trukey!


I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure that you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0