The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Jon G, Hotrod Lincoln, rfs56trk, BC59, Robert Crandall, Gray_Ghost), 94 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,122
Posts1,056,331
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#445023 08/23/2008 10:13 PM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 581
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 581
My 1.5 ton Chevy Fire Engine came with no serial # plate, or it's original engine, so I've been relying on the rather sketchy previous title, which calls it a 1944. The number on the title does not compute exactly, and the city this truck was from had no reason to receive special dispensation during the war to get a civilian truck. So I'm skeptical.

Enter Rhode Island Wiring. I recently sent in the original wiring harness for replacement, identifying it as "probably a '41 or '46."

Friday, I received a call from Mark at RIW, telling ME that, due to a specific tracer in the harness, he was certain the truck was a 1941 YS model. !!!!

If this is accurate, it's fantastic! The ONLY solid evidence I have of what year this truck actually is.

So . . . is it real? ohwell

-Michael


Please type slow, as I can't read very fast.

1939 Chevy/Central Fire Engine
1941 Chevy/American Fire Engine
1950 Chevy/American Fire Engine
In the Gallery
More Photos in Me Gallery
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,961
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,961
I think fire trucks may have been available during the war. My father was a gasoline distributer and his brother sold cars. I remember my father and his brother talking about vehicles intended for essential industries being converted to civilian use and sold on the black market during the war. I'm not sure if fire trucks were on the essential list. If so, it would be reasonable to assume that they still used a 41 wire harness because all engineering went into the war effort. This is of course pure speculation. Our fire department is a volunteer fire department. County commission minutes would still be available here to see if a fire truck was bought during the war. However, if you ever want to sell it, It sure would be easier to sell with a good title in hand.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 581
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 581
Crenwelge,

Sell my precious Rosie?! Surely you jest!!!

Of course, you're right. I will eventually get to ironing out the title issue. Gotta get it back on the road, first.

Yeah, I've talked with the original department, but not in enough detail to pursue the born on date. Some day . . .

-Michael


Please type slow, as I can't read very fast.

1939 Chevy/Central Fire Engine
1941 Chevy/American Fire Engine
1950 Chevy/American Fire Engine
In the Gallery
More Photos in Me Gallery

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0