The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (55shaker, classicfins, 37 GC, Otto Skorzeny, Shaffer's1950, 1946chevytruck, CandoBrent, 1 invisible), 80 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,661
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#443821 08/20/2008 10:58 PM
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 3
H
New Guy
New Guy
H Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 3
I have several 2 ton trucks that I have purchased for parts to restore/build a 1/2 ton short bed pickup. Are the front fender sizes different from the 2 Ton to the 1/2 ton? I had a graybeard tell me they were. Since this is my first resto I want to do it right.

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 338
I
'Bolter
'Bolter
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 338
Yes, they're very different.

Keep an eye on e-bay, 1/2 ton fenders come up regularly.

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 44
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 44
There were three different front fenders:
* 1/2 and 3/4 ton used one size
* one ton and 1-1/2 tons with 7.50-20 tires and smaller used a second size
* and 1-1/2 ton with larger tires and two-tons used the third size

The way to distinguish between the three is the size of the wheel opening, with the 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks having the smallest wheel opening. The third type (1-1/2-2-ton) is easy to distinguish from the front because it looks like the bottom almost comes to a point where it meets the grille. If you look through some of the pictures in the gallery, you'll see what I mean.

I've seen trucks where someone used 2-ton fenders on a 1/2 ton pickup and the tires looked waaaaaay too small and it looked terrible.

Bob

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,420
J
Former Workshop Owner
Former Workshop Owner
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,420
Hello ATanner,

Where in Nebraska are you located. I have trucks with all three fender types. Let me know if you would like to get some measurements.

Welcome to the Stovebolt

John


~ J Lucas
2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6
2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6
2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s)
2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0
1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton
1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWB
In the Gallery
My Flicker Photos!

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0