| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,633 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 3 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 3 | I have several 2 ton trucks that I have purchased for parts to restore/build a 1/2 ton short bed pickup. Are the front fender sizes different from the 2 Ton to the 1/2 ton? I had a graybeard tell me they were. Since this is my first resto I want to do it right. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 338 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 338 | Yes, they're very different.
Keep an eye on e-bay, 1/2 ton fenders come up regularly. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 44 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 44 | There were three different front fenders: * 1/2 and 3/4 ton used one size * one ton and 1-1/2 tons with 7.50-20 tires and smaller used a second size * and 1-1/2 ton with larger tires and two-tons used the third size
The way to distinguish between the three is the size of the wheel opening, with the 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks having the smallest wheel opening. The third type (1-1/2-2-ton) is easy to distinguish from the front because it looks like the bottom almost comes to a point where it meets the grille. If you look through some of the pictures in the gallery, you'll see what I mean.
I've seen trucks where someone used 2-ton fenders on a 1/2 ton pickup and the tires looked waaaaaay too small and it looked terrible.
Bob | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 2,420 Former Workshop Owner | | Former Workshop Owner Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 2,420 | Hello ATanner,
Where in Nebraska are you located. I have trucks with all three fender types. Let me know if you would like to get some measurements.
Welcome to the Stovebolt
John
~ J Lucas 2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6 2023 Ram 2500/Cumins 6.7 I6 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Wife’s) 2002 Silverado 2500 Gas 6.0 1941 Chevy 1/2-Ton 1942 Chevy 1.5-Ton SWBIn the Gallery My Flicker Photos! | | |
| |
| |