The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gray_Ghost, Joe W), 211 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,231
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 7
T
Apprentice
Apprentice
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 7
I'm trying to find the specs on the frame for a '40 1/2 ton and I'm not having much luck. Does anyone have the details or know of a web site that would have them? Thanks!

Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,897
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,897
1/2 ton short bed, or 1/2 ton long bed? Are you looking for over all length and width dimensions? Wheelbase? etc

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 106
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 106
Look in the online manuals of Chevys of the 40's

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 7
T
Apprentice
Apprentice
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 7
Yes, I'm looking for the overall length and width (front and rear) dimensions. Short bed.

I looked through the Chevs web site, but didn't see any online manuals. I found a lot of books that I could purchase, but not complete manuals that I could open and read. Maybe I missed something.

Thanks.

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 106
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 106
I was actually thinking of Keith Hardy's site with all the on-line manuals. I know it has the '41 1/2 ton dimensions. Try a google search for "Old Online Chevy Manual"

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 20
4
New Guy
New Guy
4 Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 20
Here are the dimensions that I found for the 1940 1/2 ton

SERIES "KC"— 1/2 TON LIGHT DELIVERY

Wheelbase 113 1/2"
Over all length 193 9/16"
Over all width 72"

Frame Dimensions (pg 48 of shop manual)
Width - rear of frame 46"
Width - Front of frame 25 45/64"


1940 Chev pickup

“Make the world a better place, save a rusty truck.”

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0