| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,477 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 460 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 460 | Does anyone know a place to get a 'Hurst Pro Matic 2' wiring diagram for a 3 speed automatic ratchet shifter or can anyone tell me what wires connect to where? My '37 came with this shifter installed but not wired so I'm trying to solve the mystery so it can finally be installed correctly... Thanks in advance for your help...  ~Trev | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 | You might do a search on Google. http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=%27Hurst+Pro+Matic+2%27+wiring+diagram&fr=yfp-t-501&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8
~Jim
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | or on yahoo Bill | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 460 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 460 | I had already done both searches and found lots of people looking for the same thing I was, but nobody had actually posted a wiring diagram... that's why I asked here!
Oh well, I'll see if my parts place can find something in one of their books I guess... thanks anyway...
~Trev | | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 5,708 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 5,708 | I looked at those web sites too. It looks like this setup is mechanical (cable)...what is this wiring for, neutral starter safety and little indicator showing what gear you're in?
Stuart | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 460 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 460 | Exactly, Stuart... Funny thing is that there are no wiring diagrams I can find anywhere online... must be a well kept secret... which is why I asked here when all other possibilities were exhausted...  ~Trev | | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 5,708 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 5,708 | Trev,
I don't know the specific application for your shifter. A neutral starter safety switch is merely a switch in series with the START position of the key switch. It is always/only closed when the rig is in PARK. It would be two terminals or wires that only had continuity when the shifter was in PARK.
The little gear indicator lights must be selected by some internal switch when the handle is moved from one gear to another. This would probably involve two wires also...a ground and a power wire.
I don't know if the power wire for the selector would be connected to the dash lights...probably not. It seems like they should be on whenever the vehicle is running.
You would have to pick a point in the wiring that achieved this...only powered when the rig was running.
It's a long explanation for some simple wiring. A little time with a Ohmmeter and you would have it all figured out.
Stuart | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 460 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 460 | Unless we get some kind of wiring information that may be exactly what it means, Stuart... My ohmmeter is already out in the garage...  I had just hoped to follow hurst's factory specs and figured a wiring diagram couldn't be THAT hard to find... apparently I stand corrected!  Thanks for your suggestions!  ~Trev | | | | | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 | Trev, Have you tried Hurst's tech Line ? (818) 483 -1366 | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 460 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 460 | Hey Bruce... Thanks for the number... I called hurst, talked to one of their tech support guys and he offered to email me the manual, then realized they only have it in fax format... no big deal... he just faxed me all 12 pages and now we should have all we need to figure out where the 3 unconnected wires go... Thanks very much for your help... much appreciated!  ~Trev | | |
| |
| |