The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Charles in CA, mick53, Gray_Ghost, BC59, klhansen), 168 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,277
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#43275 01/04/2004 6:50 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 975
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 975
Bill wanted to see a picture...so we are trying it out. 23 years and still sleeping. I will add more later.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/108905591/108908765xOQPad

#43276 01/05/2004 3:45 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 553
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 553
Wow! That truck is in pretty nice shape. Have you started disassembly yet? I'd like to see some more pics. I'm about 85% (frame off resto) done with my 1945 half ton.

#43277 01/05/2004 4:03 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 975
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 975
I am working on more pics. So far..The front clip has been pulled. I have installed new wheel cylinders. The shoes were new. Brake lines in progress. Master cylinder rebuilt. New coil, points, batt, wires, etc. Seat removed and mouse nest removed. The grand plan is to try to have it running by the time the snow and salt season is over (Late April, early May). I owned a 41 for 6 years and never once got to drive it. I want to drive this one for a summer. Next winter, we will see about starting from the concrete up. I got bit by the truck bug bad the first time ...this one is even better (worse if you ask her). This one came home Nov. 8 so we are making progress. Tonight was parking brake night. Two rear brakes. If it ran, I would take it for a drive!! grin Outside temp is 0 deg F. 40000 BTU heater kept it liveable.

#43278 01/05/2004 6:52 AM
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 252
Y
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Y Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 252
That pic brings a tear to my eye. I love those Art Deco trucks. I bought a '46 3/4 ton out of PA last January. That meant I had four trucks, and the '46 the only one that didnt run. I got good and sick in June and something had to go, broke my heart to get rid of that truck. It went back to PA in August, within fifty miles of where I picked it up at. That's a sweet truck, best of luck with it.

#43279 01/07/2004 5:11 AM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
steppenwood: That is one gorgeous looking truck!!


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
#43280 01/07/2004 9:29 AM
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 62
A
ape Offline
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 62
aw come on,46inprogress. You already restored it 'n just thru some dust on it to fool us,didn't you? GREAT truck. The grill is original? Looks perfect. Just finished my 40' half ton. Will post picts as soon as I figure out how.

#43281 01/07/2004 4:34 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 975
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 975
The grill is original. The truck would look great...except for that old North Dakota farmer applied black brush paint!! (No offense you you North Dakota Farmers!!) It seems the swifts red faded and someone decided the truck needed a fresh new look. The two inches of grease on the underside of the truck have been a pain to remove too. If the Dept of Transportation could figure out how to copy this stuff, our roads would last forever. Stuff has the consistency of concrete, won't brush off but preserves metal and paint very well.

#43282 01/08/2004 6:08 AM
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 62
A
ape Offline
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 62
Heck, I'd be tempted to do the mechanicals and drive it as is. The paint and "undercoat" give it character.That's a nice truck.

#43283 01/08/2004 7:25 AM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,096
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,096
I'm with ape on that ,, I love that "original" patina ,, .
I'd drive it as it is if I had it , and enjoy all the comments it generated smile .

#43284 01/08/2004 7:37 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 553
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 553
6cylindersovertexas: Thanks for the kind words.

I really like the them "ragidy" looking hot rods (ratrods?) that are getting popular these days. Flat black paint job, red rims w/moons and wide whitewalls...You all know what I'm talking about?


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0