The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (MickeyP, Jon G, 1955 1 Series, 1 invisible), 142 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,413
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,403
J
jdl
Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,403
Thanks to We B Old, I now have a passenger(and another one should I have to replace the driver's side) side headlight bucket that I am trying to hook up to get power to it, but the color changes on the wires. The original wires going to the electrical junction block(4 screws on a plastic rectangle mounted on fender) are green and peach colored(concerning lights). The headlight bucket wires are black(which is ground, I at least know that) red and yellow. I have the red wire going to the peach colored wire and the yellow wire going to the green wire. Is that correct? Or would a picture help?

P.S. My diagram says that the peach colored wire is brown.


Jordan D. Long

1954 Chevrolet 3100 1/2-Ton

And some more pictures
Photobucket

I got a 'Possum Pickup... Now I'm the Roadkill King!!! Anyone want to make some Stovebolt Stew?
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,826
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,826
As long as the low and high beams are coordinated with the indicator light on the dash, wire color shouldn't matter. Turn the HL switch on and push the dimmer switch in the floor until the hi beam indicator on the dash comes on. With your test light or voltmeter, find the wire going toward the headlight assembly with voltage on it. Ground the black wire, and alternately touch the other wires to get high and low beam operation. Connect the hot wire to the one that makes the high beam work, and hook up the other wire to the one that's left. The dimmer switch should select between the two beams, with the indicator light in the dash coming on along with the high beams.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,403
J
jdl
Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,403
Thanks. Before you responded I compared the sockets on the old and new headlight buckets and figured out which went where(. Had to wire-wheel the around where the ground attaches to the inner fender, it was so dim before I did that it was pathetic.


Jordan D. Long

1954 Chevrolet 3100 1/2-Ton

And some more pictures
Photobucket

I got a 'Possum Pickup... Now I'm the Roadkill King!!! Anyone want to make some Stovebolt Stew?

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0