The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (78buckshot, Ponchogl, JW51, IHPWR), 98 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,136
Posts1,056,431
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
(Referring to a particualar person) I noticed the special nut that is on the J-hook for the underbed spare carrier.
I believe it was made to work with the spare tire pad lock accessory. Do you think you can take a close up snapshot of that nut? It's the last detail to finish up a carrier that I am restoring to my 1950, 3604.
Or, anyone else that has the original stepped nut on their under bed spare J-hook.
If anyone has one of the original spare pad locks to photograph that would be even more better. (more better??)
Thanks
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

Last edited by cletis; 06/29/2008 9:06 PM. Reason: This is not a private message board.

Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
Got a couple of emails and would just like to publicly thank the guys. With their help I think I can finish up the project. I would still like to see one of the original padlocks for the <1950 carrier.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 587
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 587
Well, that answers the question I asked you in the prior posting, but I have one of those locks, and will take a photo of it and send it to you. But I am on call tonight, so will not get home until tomorrow to do it.

If you are interested in finding one, keep an eye on ebay, but they do not come up very often, and when they do, they are expensive. Friend of mine paid $200 for one I believe, but he wanted it really bad.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
That's out of my league Brian but I would very much like a picture or two so I can machine a copy for display purposes only.
Thanks for the offer and I'll look forward to seeing them.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0