The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 191 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 112
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 112
I'd like to get my little fleetside out of the wind a little
and keep the stock suspension with maybe a dropped axel. How low can I lower the rear, as it seems the rear drop will determine how low I go in the front. Maybe reversing the spring eyes? Would notching or "Z"ing the frame be an option I'd want to consider?


--------------------------------------------------
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 244
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 244
Reversing the axle to the top of the springs will bring it down as will removing some of the leafs.
Regarding the front axle...MORDROP out of Oakland sold dropped axles (510) 261-1888...that is if they're still in business. It's been many, many years since I bought from them. But mono leaf springs will also bring the front down.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0