The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (wilbur53, Bill Hanlon, Ponchogl, Otto Skorzeny), 92 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,616
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 375
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 375
I've about given up ever getting my grill straight. I'd be interested in hearing about your experience with the after-market chrome 57 Chevy grill. Worth the money? Any recommendations for the best deal? Thanks.


Jerry Acheson
Indianapolis, IN
57 Chevy 3100
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 591
Jerry:
I don't think I can help you much. I bought an after-market 57 grill some time back, and as you know they are the most expensive of the TF series. Mine seems to be pretty good as far as I can tell. It assembled just fine and the chrome is supposed to be triple plated. I haven't installed it yet, but I'm with you, it just wasn't worth re-plating mine. I bought it from someone in Nevada who couldn't use it anymore. so I can't tell you who the manufacturer/seller was. What I did do, is spray ZERO-Rust on the back side of the grill assembly, hopefully that will mitigate rust issues to a degree in the future.

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 375
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 375
Thanks Don. Anyone else?


Jerry Acheson
Indianapolis, IN
57 Chevy 3100

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0