The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (John Dlugos, rfs56trk, BCBill, Otto Skorzeny, Dusty53, Buckeye998, Chip O, WICruiser), 183 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,172
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41635 04/25/2005 12:05 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 49
4
Apprentice
Apprentice
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 49
I have a 49 chevy 1/2 ton that I would like to put a TCI Mustang front end under it. The local Rod shop wants $2700 to do it and I have to have all the fenders off for this price. I can pick up the TCI for $1400.00 How hard is it to put one of these under the truck. I'm not the most machanical inclined but I did put my sbc and 400 tranny and re-wired the truck and it's all working.

Any suggestions would be helpfull

#41636 04/25/2005 11:31 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 662
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 662

#41637 04/25/2005 7:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can buy a good MIG welder set up with gas for $600 and do it yourself. Why pay some blood sucker that much to do something you can do yourself?

#41638 04/26/2005 2:22 AM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 49
4
Apprentice
Apprentice
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 49
Thanks for the imput I am going to the goodguys
at Indy and Colubus and see what kind of deals I can get. I can get a TCI for $1495 tax and shipping included

#41639 04/26/2005 10:59 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
Just follow the instructions and make sure of your measurments.Its really not that hard of a job.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0