| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,128 Posts1,056,358 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 43 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 43 | I'm curious as to why the vendors I've contacted so far are back ordered for approx 3 months on ring and pinions. Anybody know what's going on or where I can get a set immediately.
Spencer | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | All the vendors get them from the same source, Patricks. I recall being told once that Richmond Gear manufactures them for Patricks. I would say that they run off a batch when they get a reasonable number of orders to keep cost down.
Bill Burmeister | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | The reason for the back-order is that there is one distributor of the gear set, Patrick's (all other vendors obtain their sets from Patrick's).
He seems to order a production-run after he runs out - there also might be a cash-advance/cash-flow issue related to paying for a productions run? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | no doubt Patrick would have to order a good minimum quantity to get'em made, like probably a couple dozen sets, maybe 5,000$ minimum, no point in laying out that kind of money until he's sure at least half of them will be sold right away - doubt he wants to see a day he's left with a bunch of sets nobody wants to buy, which will eventually happen
same deal as the windshields I need for my '47 bus, guy has to order 12 pairs at a time, maybe 700$ a pair - he ain't gonna do it until there's a good list of confirmed buyers, and I wouldn't do different
Bill | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 43 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 43 | I did try Patrick first and am on the waiting list. However I decided to snoop around last week and figured he was probably the supplier to the others. I will be waiting then.
Spencer | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | Try contacting Randy's Ring and Pinion www.ring-pinion.comWhile their gears for trucks are open rears,'55 and newer,they may be able to help.
Last edited by DrewP; 05/11/2008 1:57 PM.
Drew
| | |
| |
| |