| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,140 Posts1,056,466 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 199 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 199 | I had a side mount oil filter on my 59 235 that was removed and two brass plugs screwed into the two opening on the block. I can not figure out where the hard line from the oil pressure gauge goes. If I use one of these two holes, where did it go originally? I thought the truck had both the optional oil filter and gauge line somewhere on the same side. The manual shows it behind the exhaust down pipe near the bottom of the block, but that is where the filter line went? | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | That's the same opening, trucks with the filter option used a "T" with one port going to the filter, the other going to the gauge. The front opening just dumps back into the pan, no pressure there.
Bill Burmeister | | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 199 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 199 | Great info Bill. Makes sense and I can get her plumbed up now. Thanks Ralph | | |
| |
| |