The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Otto Skorzeny, Southerntruck, stlcardinalsguy), 61 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,090
Posts1,056,347
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 48
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 48
Hi, Guys!
Finally coming down to the day where I'm going to spray a fender and a couple spots on dad's truck. I'm going to spray a single stage enamel on it and I need to use some hardener in it. The guy at my paint store told me he wrote down what ratio of hardener to use to product, but he lied--he didn't. And, since it's Saturday, they're closed. Does anyone know how much hardener I should use for a single stage enamel? Thanks!

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 16
E
New Guy
New Guy
E Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 16
google search your paint brand. they probably have a section on all the specs,ratios and tips


1948 Chevrolet 1.5-Ton
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
Should say on the label. With PPG, its 8:6:1 ratio of paint, reducer, hardener.


Bill Burmeister
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,252
Depends on the PPG product. The line I use is 4:1 paint to activator.

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
I use PPG Delstar. I only used it as an example. Best would be to check with the manufacturer for the exact mix for the product line.


Bill Burmeister
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 64
0
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
0 Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 64
Get the product data sheet for the product you are using. You wouldn't drive crosscountry without a roadmap would you? The data sheet includes spraying tips, pot life, and various reducers for varying temperatures. Good luck.
Joe


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0