| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,139 Posts1,056,455 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#40157 05/23/2002 9:22 PM | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 31 Member | | Member Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 31 | My 3/4 ton Chevy has a set of fixed springs mounted on top of the standard bottom set. In my factory manual, I see these were installed only on heavier models, not on the 3/4 ton. What's the story? I also removed the two chassis brackets that contact the upper fixed springs when they are compressed, but I can't figure out where they go now that I've blasted the frame. Anyone with pix out there of this setup? Thanks! | | |
#40158 05/23/2002 9:44 PM | Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 3,458 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 3,458 | I have a set of those on my half ton, but they contact the frame directly when there is more than 500 lbs in the bed, so I don't know where your brackets go, but I bet if you put a 500 lb load in the bed and put the brackets wherever the ends of the springs are near the frame that is good enough.
Paint & Body Shop moderator A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. | | |
#40159 05/23/2002 11:46 PM | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 31 Member | | Member Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 31 | OK, thanks! Just wanted to know what I was doing...... | | |
#40160 05/24/2002 3:27 AM | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | Those extra springs are called overloads. When the load carrying capicity of the truck is met [ more than 500 lbs.] the overloads kick in. In some states the cops will stop you if the overloads are riding on the stops. | | |
| |
| |