| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (RdsLessTaken, TUTS 59, Jay R, Otto Skorzeny, 68ironhead, Phak1, 1 invisible),
99
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,136 Posts1,056,430 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 679 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2006 Posts: 679 | I'm not satisfied with my exhaust pipe. It has been patched but it is leaking somewhat, and it runs directly underneath the master cylinder. I want to replace it. I'm not satisfied with my muffler either, but I don't know what I want to go with.
I'm thinking about taking it to a muffler shop and having them put in a new pipe from the manifold flange to just forward of the rear axle (with a strategic bend at the master cylinder and other linkages.) Isn't there a flange I can buy to adapt the pipe to a glass pack, or a turbo muffler, or even a tractor muffler? This would let me swap out mufflers until I get the tone I'm wanting. Can't I put a flange on the muffler's exhaust side and attach a down pipe?
1.75" is the stock exhaust pipe diameter, right?
Opinions wanted!
Thanks, Bill | | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,464 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 1,464 | Any muffler shop will have everything you need/want for your truck. They'll be able to adapt any muffler you choose to the setup and make a down pipe or extend it out the back. Good luck!! | | |
| |
| |