| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Paul Mullen),
99
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,141 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#39172 05/08/2003 2:13 PM | Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 66 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 66 | Was wondering if any of you Stovebolters, that don't have an original motor hand crank, have invented anything to turn the engine over by hand, from the front using the crankshaft.
(with the motor in the truck, radiator,fan and all the stuff that gets in the way.)
Joe - (Buckeye Bowtie) "Remember it takes about 2850 bolts to built a Chevy Truck and only 1 NUT to scatter them all over the highway"
1950 3100 1971 C-10 1939 Buick Century
| | |
#39173 05/08/2003 2:16 PM | Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 66 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2003 Posts: 66 | P.S. THAT'S ON A 216 ENGINE.
Joe - (Buckeye Bowtie) "Remember it takes about 2850 bolts to built a Chevy Truck and only 1 NUT to scatter them all over the highway"
1950 3100 1971 C-10 1939 Buick Century
| | |
#39174 05/08/2003 3:44 PM | Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 2,773 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 2,773 | I have always used my hands and turned them with the fan blades. If the v-belt slips, I tighten it, and loosen it after I'm through.
Fred 52 3600 69 C-10
| | |
#39175 05/08/2003 3:46 PM | Joined: May 2002 Posts: 32 Member | | Member Joined: May 2002 Posts: 32 | I think I have three of those hand cranks, are you telling me they are worth something???
Lorne
MbOutdoors (Lorne) 1952 Chev 1300
| | |
#39176 05/08/2003 5:28 PM | Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 2,773 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 2,773 | Originally posted by MbOutdoors: I think I have three of those hand cranks, are you telling me they are worth something???
Lorne Last one I saw had a $50 price tag on it.
Fred 52 3600 69 C-10
| | |
| |
| |