The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (BCBill, Gdads51, Gray_Ghost, Otto Skorzeny), 133 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,175
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#39172 05/08/2003 2:13 PM
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 66
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 66
Was wondering if any of you Stovebolters, that don't have an original motor hand crank, have invented anything to turn the engine over by hand, from the front using the crankshaft.

(with the motor in the truck, radiator,fan and all the stuff that gets in the way.)


Joe - (Buckeye Bowtie)
"Remember it takes about 2850 bolts to built a Chevy Truck and only 1 NUT to scatter them all over the highway"

1950 3100
1971 C-10
1939 Buick Century
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 66
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2003
Posts: 66
P.S. THAT'S ON A 216 ENGINE.


Joe - (Buckeye Bowtie)
"Remember it takes about 2850 bolts to built a Chevy Truck and only 1 NUT to scatter them all over the highway"

1950 3100
1971 C-10
1939 Buick Century
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
I have always used my hands and turned them with the fan blades. If the v-belt slips, I tighten it, and loosen it after I'm through.


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 32
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 32
I think I have three of those hand cranks, are you telling me they are worth something???

Lorne


MbOutdoors (Lorne)
1952 Chev 1300
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
Quote
Originally posted by MbOutdoors:
I think I have three of those hand cranks, are you telling me they are worth something???

Lorne
Last one I saw had a $50 price tag on it.


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0